Seems like there's a lot of coping techniques and stress responses that are activated right now. Are you feeling it? Me too! This is just a friendly reminder that:
- Everything is comprised of energy - including our physical bodies, our thoughts, our ideas. Social media. The news. Toilet paper. Everything.
- We are constantly encountering the other energy all around us, which affects our equilibrium.
- We (largely) unconsciously seek to maintain energetic equilibrium within ourselves, as we encounter all the other energy all around us. We do this through learned coping techniques, stress responses. These are nothing more than activated energy within our bodies.
- While we may *believe* the activated energy is the result of something happening on the outside, it is actually the result of an unhealed energetic pattern held within our bodies.
- This activated energy is a *symptom* that we hold a belief that goes against our wholeness. That's all it is - a symptom that we hold a belief that harms us.
- We learned these beliefs that harm us from our families, in our culture, we inherit them from our ancestors, we learn them through trauma - but they are actually not real. Our wholeness is real, the beliefs are a barrier that covers our awareness of our wholeness. And, because these thoughts are learned, they can be unlearned. Healed.
- As a culture, we don't have healthy models for understanding the energy that underlies everything, and especially how to take responsibility for *our* activated and unhealed energetic patterns...but that doesn't make them unreal. They are very real.
- We are all responsible for, and capable of, healing ourselves. (In fact, no one can do it for us.)
- Healing is an opportunity to change on the inside what we can't change on the outside.
- When we feel activated stress responses, coping techniques, or the desire to "check out," - another option is to "check in," with ourselves, instead. See what energy is stirring and what it wants us to know. What it wants us to see that is ready to be healed.
- The Peace Power Path is one way of healing untrue thoughts that go against our wholeness.
Crisis is a call to change our relationship to life. If we choose to. That means we can heal and grow through the current events, not simply survive them and hope to resume life as it was before. The path is to take responsibility for what is stirring, as it is stirring. To make healing our top priority, and everything else is a second priority.
Anyway, this is what works for me. Taking complete responsibility for what is mine to heal, as soon as I notice that a pattern is activated. Hour by hour, sometimes.
Because! It is not a mark of emotional maturity to suppress and deny our feelings, to muscle through, to pretend. It harms the body, and it doesn't work anyway - our activated emotions squish out sideways and we end up barfing on the world - which works to remove the pain from our bodies, but harms the life around us.
It is a mark of emotional maturity to take complete responsibility for the quality of our energy. For our peace. That means healing activated patterns when they are active, as a first priority - and not engaging with the world until we can do so from a place of equilibrium.
So. If they old ways no longer work, and you feel inspired to try a new way, trust yourself to handle this. Whatever is happening - you can handle it. You are handling it.
From my heart to yours: We have resources we never dreamed of, ready to emerge and support us, during this time, when we grow up and take responsibility for what is ours.
Norma Van Horn